NCSRA Scholarship Awards
Deadline for Submission: February 6, 2013
The North Carolina Chapter of SRA International is offering two types of scholarship awards for the NCSRA annual meeting. These scholarship awards are offered to full or affiliate members of SRA International.
SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE: This year, the chapter will offer two (2) conference registration scholarships and two (2) workshop registration scholarships. All new and current members of NCSRA are encouraged to follow the guidelines and apply for conference scholarships.
1. Conference Registration Scholarship– Will cover the full NCSRA conference registration for an awardee to attend the two-day annual educational conference.
2. Workshop Registration Scholarship – Will cover registration for an awardee to attend a full day workshop or a half-day workshop on March 11, 2013.
See below for details and review criteria for scholarship awards.
Click here to download Scholarship Application form.
Submit completed application by fax or email to:
Cathy Johnson Jones
Fax: (336) 334-7086
2013 DEADLINE AND ANNOUNCEMENT DATES:
- Deadline for application submission is 3:00p.m. February 6, 2013.
- NCSRA scholarship winners will be notified in writing February 12, 2013.
- Applicant must be a full or affiliate member of SRA International.
- Applicant must show financial need for the scholarship.
- Applicant must currently work in the field of research administration and have five (5) years or less experience in the field of research administration.
- Applicant must attend the conference sessions.
- Applicant must submit a quality application which has been approved by the applicant’s supervisor.
- Consideration will be given to those who are first-time conference attendees.
- All 2013 scholarship award winners will be required to prepare a one-page report summarizing their experiences at the 2013 SRA - North Carolina Chapter meeting.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
The scholarship review process will begin immediately following the application deadline. Only appointed committee members will have access to applications. Each member of the selection committee will individually review and evaluate each application. The review process will be based on a ten (10) point scale and consist of the following criteria:
- Statement by Applicant (1-4 points)
- Quality of Essay (1-3 points)
- Statement by Supervisor (2 points)
- New members (1 point)
Total: 10 Points