Now Accepting Nominations
Deadline - Friday, May 31, 2013
SRA’s Distinguished Faculty designation recognizes individual SRA International members who are outstanding teachers, researchers or exemplary professionals in the field of research administration, have published theoretical and practical contributions in professional and scholarly peer-reviewed journals and/or presented at professional meetings/venues.
What do SRA Distinguished Faculty members do?
SRA Distinguished Faculty serve for a term of 3 years, renewable upon application. They are called on as expert consultants or speakers by universities, hospitals, not-for-profit research organizations, and industry and government research laboratories to present professional workshops, educational courses and professional development programs; are called on as expert "faculty" to instruct for-credit educational courses or programs; and are called on as expert researchers to conduct external, periodic and professional reviews of research administration capacity and processes within organizations, at the request of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS OF DISTINGUISHED FACULTY
Individuals who may wish to seek a Distinguished Faculty designation through SRA International should:
- Be a member in good standing with SRA International;
- Show completion of an accredited undergraduate program;
- Have a minimum of five years experience in research administration at a university or other post-secondary educational setting, hospital, not-for-profit research organization, industry research laboratory or government research laboratory;
- Have demonstrated theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of research administration and/or a sub-field or research administration;
- Be recognized by other scholars and practitioners in the field as knowledge experts; and
- Have demonstrated quality instructional skills.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT
Individuals who are designated "Distinguished Faculty" will be so named for a period of three years, beginning at the SRA Annual Meeting in October, and are renewable upon application and demonstration of on-going commitment to the profession.
Nominations should be made in the form of three letters of support and the submission of a curriculum vitae or resume delineating the above activities.
Nominations for the Distinguished Faculty designation are being accepted through Friday, May 31, 2013.
All newly appointed Distinguished Faculty will be notified in late summer and will be invited to the Distinguished Faculty ceremony, to be held during the 2013 SRA Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
To apply, please send three letters of support and a CV to: Ellen Lupinski at email@example.com or 703-741-0294.