View from the Top | Get Out the Vote (and the Membership)
SRAI Election season is underway! One of the most important things you can do for your Society is to make your voice heard and participate in the election. This year we have an extremely competitive slate of candidates. Be sure to read their statements. The only wrong choice is to forfeit your right to vote!
The 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas is only 2 months away! Our meeting co-chairs Terry Campbell, Tonya Edvalson, and Dave King have worked very hard to craft an exceptional program and there are many enjoyable surprises in store. Registration is open, space is limited and Caesars Palace is an amazing venue so be sure to book your room now.
Membership Referral Campaign – it’s not too late to reach the top of the leaderboard!
At the heart of SRAI is its members. Our diverse global membership network is strong, supportive, and collaborative. We hope you will spread the word about how SRAI membership has enriched your professional career. The member who refers the most New or Returning members who join SRAI will receive $500 virtual SRAI dollars, which can be spent on any SRAI virtual event(s). The 2022 campaign will run through October 12, and you can check your status on the SRAI Member Recruitment Leaderboard.
How it Works:
- Current SRAI Members refer colleagues by providing their name and email address.
- The colleague will receive a one-time email from SRAI with a Discount Code waiving the $30 New Member administrative fee.
- When the colleague joins SRAI, the referee will receive a point on the Leaderboard! Win-Win!
- The member with the most referral points on the Leaderboard will be announced at the Annual Meeting in Las Vegas!
A word of congratulations to our 2022 Award Winners
Over the last 19 years of my involvement with SRAI I have met many exceptional individuals. By working with them on various events and projects I was able to get to know them and connect on many levels. As a result, I am fortunate to call them my dear friends. The selfless dedication of these folks has not only enriched the Society but has helped me to grow professionally in ways too numerous to count. While each year we recognize the achievements of a handful of members, I want to say how proud I am of all our volunteers and staff, who work so tirelessly for us all.
I hope you will join me in Las Vegas, as we get to congratulate this year’s winners and celebrate together all that each of us has contributed to keep SRAI thriving even amongst the backdrop of world chaos. We have come a long way and are all the better for it due to our collective synergy.
A Sad Farewell
One of our dear members and co-chair of the SRAI Governance Committee, Madison Gray, passed away unexpectedly in July. She was most recently the Director, Sponsored Project Administration at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. We are heartbroken for all who knew and loved her. She was an engaged and vibrant contributor to the Society. She will be sorely missed.
Our Spring and Summer Intensives were very well received by sold out audiences. Yet, there is always more to look forward to, so don’t miss these great educational and membership opportunities:
- Fall Board Meeting – Live in Las Vegas, Monday, October 31st and Friday, November 4th. Come to the Annual Meeting and observe your Board at work.
- The Basics of Research Administration training will be presented virtually over a six-week period, September 8 - October 13. The cohort will meet on Tuesdays at 1:00 -2:30 PM ET. Online classes will be recorded and available for 30 days following the program. For more information, click here.
- The 2022 Senior Executive Institute (SEI) will be a two-day (Oct. 31-Nov. 1) event hosted in-person in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace. The program will be a combination of lecture and interactive discussion. Registration includes access to the two-day event, lunch, and dinner on the first day. Click here for more information.
- As stated above, registration is open for the in-person 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 31-November 4.
- The ever-growing library of LevelUP modules and mGuides is open year-round! Whether you need to learn something new or brush up on something pressing – we have you covered.
- SRAI’s Podcast series, “Shop Talk” 2022 – check the web page for details. https://www.srainternational.org/resources/shop-talk-podcast Have a hot topic idea or speaker suggestion for an upcoming podcast? Drop us a line at: email@example.com.
- 2023 INORMS Congress: Got the urge to travel afar – join the INORMS Congress hosted by SARIMA, in Durban, South Africa from May 31-June 3, 2023. Click here for details.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President