The Education and Professional Development Committee (EPDC) is now accepting applications for
the SRA International Speaker's Bureau!
Submission Deadline: Coming Soon
**Former deadline occurred on November 30, 2018
The Society of Research Administrators International is often asked to provide specific training opportunities to organizations. In response to that growing demand, SRAI has created a Speaker's Bureau. The purpose of the bureau is to be able to respond quickly to opportunities that will benefit the Society and its members.
Members of the Speaker's Bureau will be called upon to provide a variety of training opportunities. They are expected to have extensive research management experience, to be subject matter experts, to have presented at regional and national conferences and to have received exemplary reviews on past presentations and programmatic content.
Speaker's Bureau members will understand the broader picture of research management and how it fits within the specific customers’ organization. They must have experience interacting with research faculty, review committees, government regulators, auditors and others associated with the field. They must also have served in a decision-making capacity so they can convey the true complexities of the job.
While SRA International will be prudent about planning ahead, Speaker's Bureau members may be asked to provide a program on very short notice.
SRA International will have an open call for applications and nominations for Speaker's Bureau members. The Education and Professional Development Committee (EPDC) will make the selection of the members based on demonstrated experience and capabilities.
- It is required that the prospective Speaker's Bureau member hold a current (Full or Retired) membership in SRAI at the time of application and for the term of service.
- Speaker's Bureau members will be expected to serve a 3-year term which may be renewable upon application
- Speaker's Bureau members will be selected by the EPDC
Reasonable required travel costs will be covered by SRAI on a program by program basis.
It should be recognized that there are substantial non-monetary benefits for those involved in delivering these programs; these include the opportunity to:
- Have a broader impact on the field of research and research management
- Co-present with nationally recognized subject matter experts
- Benchmark operational procedures and policies
- Gain new perspectives on issues in research management
- Network and learn from others in the field
Application Deadline: Coming Soon
Applications will be reviewed once a year and applicants will be notified of acceptance in December/January.
Once submitted your online application will be forwarded to the Education and Professional Development Committee (EPDC) for consideration.
The EPDC will notify you of acceptance.
If you are interested in having a member of SRA International's Speaker's Bureau present a session or workshop for your program or organization, contact Gina Cuevas at email@example.com.