Train the Trainer Program
Train the Trainer will give research administrators the confidence to be able to begin creating an effective training platform for their organization. It will look at types of training, content development, and examine presentation styles and techniques that will enable the trainer to deliver a successful experience with their audience. Trainers will be able to determine goals for their research community, create useful educational materials, and develop measurement systems to evaluate learning sessions. At the end of the workshop, attendees will acquire the essential skills to build a research training program.
- Develop educational sessions that incorporate the organization’s research structure
- Examine alternative delivery methods (classroom instruction vs. online learning)
- Design training materials to increase learner participation and knowledge retention
- Learn how to use the physical, verbal and technological tools available for training and presentations
- Acquire the knowledge base to measure the impact of a training course
Module 01: Educational Assessment
Module 02: Types of Training
Module 03: Program Development
Module 04: Design and Structure
Module 05: Research Tools and Resources
Module 06: Subject Matter Expert
Module 07: Presentation Styles and Techniques
Module 08: Program Evaluation/Metrics
A variety of training activities are incorporated in Day One and Day Two of the workshop to help the attendees envision what training would look like at their organization. At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will create an outline of their proposed training program.