The mission of the Society of Research Administrators International (SRA International) is to develop, define and promote international best practices in research management, administration, knowledge transfer and growth of the research enterprise. This being one of the key drivers identified in the strategic plan of the Society, the membership committee introduces an invaluable opportunity for SRAI members: The Research Administrators Mobility Program (RAMP) Scholarship.
This newly established scholarship is designed to provide financial support to SRAI members to participate in short-term placements. The goal of RAMP is to ensure funding for excellent and innovative research administration peer engagement. Opportunities for knowledge exchange through cross-border and cross-sector mobility of research administrators can better prepare SRAI members for current and future societal challenges.
The applicant is solely responsible for all the arrangements and documentation needed for the stay. Please communicate directly with the host institution to arrange all details. SRAI is not making match decisions/recommendations.
- 1 scholarship per year for up to $2,500 per person.
Application deadline: March 29
Eligibility/Requirements for participants*
To apply for the RAMP scholarship:
- The applicant must be a Full SRAI member for the preceding 3 years in good standing.
- The applicant must provide acknowledgement/confirmation from their supervisor and an official contact at the proposed host institution of acceptance for the exchange.
- The applicant will be the solely responsible for arranging the stay at a host institution.
- Upon receiving the scholarship, an awardee cannot submit again for 3 years.
- Each applicant can submit one application per year.
- Within 2 months after the conclusion of the exchange, the awardee must provide a Catalyst article about the exchange program. Funds will be released upon acceptance of publication.
*SRAI is providing a financial support for SRAI members.
Application Process for Participants
- Complete the online application form with:
- Personal statement of professional development goals.
- Statement of need for funds and estimated expenses.
- Supervisor recommendation letter.
- Letter of commitment and agenda from the host institution.
- Application open: December 1, 2018
- Application deadline: March 30, 2019
- Applications for review: April 2019
- Notifications: May 15, 2019
- Mrs. Nana Oye Akuffo as the 2018 SRAI RAMP very first recipient.
For any further questions, please contact Dilyana Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.