Call for Volunteer | Deputy Editor of the Journal of Research Administration
Apply Today for Deputy Editor of SRAI Journal of Research Administration
SRA International is now accepting interest for the position of Deputy Editor of the Journal of Research Administration (JRA). Full members of SRA International are encouraged to apply!
The Deputy Editor is responsible for working with the Editor-in-Chief and SRA International staff to publish the Journal in a timely manner by participating in the final review process of the articles accepted for publication to be made “publisher ready.”
Responsibilities for Deputy Editor include:
- Working closely with the Editor in Chief to make sure that the JRA goes out on time every six months.
- Working with the Editor to make the initial decision if a submitted article is appropriate for further review.
- Supporting the editing for JRA issues.
- Serving as a direct replacement for the editor in times of need.
- Assisting in the editorial process.
- Running the Rod Rose Award process.
- Providing leadership in designing strategies to increase the readership and sponsorship of the Journal and maintaining and enhancing the reputation of the Journal among research administrators around the world.
- Providing a report of activities to the Communication Chair(s) three times a year for the Communication Board report.
Knowledge or skills required include:
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience in, the field of research administration.
- Experience with electronic publishing.
The Deputy Editor is a volunteer position. This is a three-year position that will begin in the Summer of 2021 and end in the Fall of 2023, but can be extended. The position is supported by SRAI Headquarters staff.
The commitment time is approximately two hours per week.
Applications are due June 1, 2021. To obtain more information or to submit your completed application, please email your interest with a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
The Journal of Research Administration is the premier academic, peer-reviewed publication in the field of research administration and management. Published online twice a year, the SRAI Journal articles are dedicated to the education and the professional development of research administrators. The Journal publishes articles covering the changing research environment worldwide, focusing on quality and innovation in research administration.
Authored by SRAI