The Future of the Field is open to any Research Administrator with fewer than 15 years of experience in the profession. Time to put the spotlight on those who will be driving our profession forward in the decades to come!
To nominate someone for this recognition:
- Complete the online form by April 15.
- The individual will be contacted by SRAI to complete an application by April 30. The individual must complete the full program application to be reviewed/considered.
A self-nominee/applicants should:
- Complete the online application by April 30.
- Only individuals completing the full program application will be reviewed/considered.
- Candidates must provide a written narrative addressing the following three sections (1000 word limit).
- Provide two references we can call upon to endorse you!
- Currently in a Research Administration role
- Fewer than 15 years in the RA profession
- Open to members and non-members alike
- Individual can only be recognized in this program once
A special review committee shall convene to evaluate each application for the following criteria.
Section 1 - CAREER & CONTINUED EDUCATION: Outline the growth of your skills, responsibility, and success in your profession, e.g.: how fast you moved up the career ladder, how you took on increasing responsibility, how well you did in handling increasingly responsible roles, etc. Reviewers are looking for a clear sense of growth and development in your professional life-- understanding that the path into/through Research Administration looks different for everyone and is not always linear!
Section 2 - CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE PROFESSION: The committee is interested in how you are leading (formally or informally), reinvesting in, and innovating in the field. E.g.: Have you been published or presented at conferences? Did you develop or deliver an educational program at your institution? How did your involvement in something at work produced excellent results or gained positive attention at your institution? Anything you are particularly proud of in your career thus far can be shared here!
Section 3 (optional) - SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: You may use this OPTIONAL space to discuss anything else you believe would be helpful to reviewers to be aware of in relation to your growth, development, and contributions in the RA field. (Sensitive personal information should, of course, be kept private.)
Applicants will be notified in June 2021 and recognized at the 2021 SRAI Annual Meeting in New Orleans, October 23-27.