The effective way to strategically manage a research organization is to empower the people on the front line. Department Research Administrators are the key to building a successful research structure and need to develop the resources and find the training to accomplish their tasks. This intensive training will center on pre-award research administration, financial management of sponsored awards, and building a working relationship with central administration.
This two-day program will answer the questions that are at the forefront of managing research administration at the departmental level: What is it? Why are there so many policies and regulations? How do I put policy into practice? It will cover proposal development, sponsored projects administration, cost principles, account monitoring and reconciliation, closeout, and other topics that a departmental research administrator would need to know to help them manage their department.
- Understand what departmental research administration is, and isn’t
- Explore and discern the main areas of importance in departmental research administration that will help to develop you as an effective administrator
- Identify the key components in proposal development
- Learn techniques to manage the day-to-day financial activities of sponsored awards
- Discover how and where to find the information needed to do your job successfully
- Understand how to use your organization's policies and procedures to minimize risks
Early Career, Research Administrators with less than three years of experience.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Understanding the Department Research Administrator's Role
- Customer Service
- Organizational Structure