Authored by: Meaghan Ann Ventura, Past President, Ohio Chapter
Senior Sponsored Projects Officer
Research Institute Nationwide Children's Hospital
The Ohio Chapter held its Annual Meeting on June 1o on the campus of Baldwin-Wallace University in Berea. More than 40 new and seasoned research administrators from across the state came together for a day of motivating sessions and speakers on the theme of “Navigating the Future”. The morning EPDC session, The 3 P’s of Financial Compliance, headed by Diane M. Marbury, CRA, Director of Pre-Award at Northwell Health and Zolicia Abotsi, Associate Director of Post Award at Baruch College, was well received and appreciated by all attendees. The highlight of the day was a thought-provoking keynote, The Future of Research Administration, presented by Stephanie Endy, Associate Vice President for Research in the Office of Research and Technology Management at Case Western Reserve University.
At that meeting, we also introduced our new officers for the upcoming year:
- Past President: Meaghan Ventura, Senior Sponsored Projects Officer, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- President: Cynthia Malott, Sr. Specialist-Sponsored Programs, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- President-Elect: Traci Aquara, Senior Sponsored Programs Officer, The Ohio State University
- Treasurer: Melissa Mingler, Business Manager, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (continued term)
- Secretary: Karie Kennedy, Senior Sponsored Programs Officer, The Ohio State University
In particular, we would like to thank Kevin Titus, President of the SRAI Midwest section, for providing an update from the Board during our Chapter Business meeting. I am thrilled to continue working with this group and adding to our fantastic team! Please join me in welcoming them to our SRAI Chapter leadership and thanking them for their service.
The Ohio Chapter is looking forward to a great year continuing to work and learn together! Stay tuned for updates throughout the year.#Catalyst#June2019#EducationMeetings#OhioChapter#MidwestSection