Call for Volunteer | Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Research Administration
Apply Today for Editor-in-Chief of SRAI Journal of Research Administration
SRA International is now accepting interest for the position of Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Research Administration (JRA). Full members of SRA International are encouraged to apply.
The Editor-in-Chief is responsible for the overall production of JRA, including recruiting authors, recruiting editorial board members, assigning submitted papers to reviewers, and overseeing editing and publication.
Responsibilities for Editor-in-Chief include:
- Ensuring that the intellectual content and physical appearance of the Journal are of the highest quality.
- Working with the associate editors and editorial board, encouraging the submission of articles relevant to research administrators working in a variety of organizational settings, and ensuring that published articles are responsive to issues and trends influencing the field of research administration.
- Communicating with authors and potential authors about their submissions.
- Coordinating the editing and review of papers.
- Working with SRAI staff to publish the Spring and Fall issue of the Journal in a timely manner.
- Providing leadership in designing strategies to increase the readership and sponsorship of the Journal, and maintaining and enhancing the reputation of the Journal among research administrators around the world.
- Providing a report of activities to the Communication Chair(s) three times a year for the Communication Board report.
Knowledge or skills required include:
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to coordinate the activities of an international editorial board.
- Ability to recruit authors internationally and solicit articles as needed.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience in, the field of research administration.
- Experience with electronic publishing.
The Editor-in-Chief is a volunteer position. The position is for two-years and will begin in the Spring of 2021 and end in the Fall of 2023, but can be extended. The position is supported by SRAI Headquarters staff.
The commitment time is approximately 4 hours per week.
Applications are due April 1, 2021. To obtain more information or to submit your completed application, please email your interest with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Journal of Research Administration is the premier academic, peer-reviewed publication in the field of research administration and management. Published online twice a year, the SRAI Journal articles are dedicated to the education and the professional development of research administrators. The Journal publishes articles covering the changing research environment worldwide, focusing on quality and innovation in research administration.
Authored by SRAI