Make Your Research Entity Thrive by Championing Change
Research administrators can encounter difficulties when charged with visioning and leading organizational change. They are placed in a strenuous role when they are both the architect of structural transformation and the change agent in charge of implementation. Their actions and outcomes will fundamentally transform the organizational structure while trying to maximize human capital and the impact of change management on the organization.
This 2-day intensive program will identify and examine issues typical of transformational change efforts unique to research organizations and provide the learner with effective strategies for moving those initiatives forward. Areas of exploration in this training will include a full examination of the research functions performed in research environments, methods for conducting a holistic analysis of current research activity and measuring the capacity for growth in organizations, and direction on building a blueprint to optimize supporting infrastructure including IT and business systems.
Critical to success in change initiatives will involve attending to the needs of staff and inspiring full engagement from employees. This program will provide the learner with practical approaches to taking inventory of and utilizing employee strengths, mobilizing transferable skills and providing intentional focus on the value of employees and their career growth. Finally, this program will examine the usual manifestations of change resistance and how to respond to this phenomenon in a strategic fashion.
- Participants will be able to identify the complexities within their organizational structure and determine the best opportunities within them for positive transformation
- Participants will be able to map out a plan for transformation using the strategies, tools and resources provided in the areas of research capacity and activity, infrastructure, and human capital
- Participants will be able to identify symptoms of change resistance and the best strategies used to respond to these symptoms
- At the end of the session, participants will be able to apply what they have learned to execute and implement policies and procedures that will benefit the overall research enterprise
- Maximize Research Functions
- Research Activity
- Research Capacity
- eRA/Information Systems
- Operational Costs
Human Capital (intangible assets)
- Personnel Inventory
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Transferable Skills
- Value of the Employee
- Career Paths
- Research Capacity
- Business Processes
- Team Approach