View from the Top | Elections and Travel
It’s Election Season!
We are looking for people to serve in the following capacities on the SRAI Board of Directors:
- President Elect (5-year commitment)
- Treasurer (2-year commitment)
- At-Large Board Member (2 positions - 3-year commitment)
As a Board Member, you will serve with a diverse group of leaders who will make decisions that directly impact SRA International's continued success.
Terms will begin at the close of the 2021 Annual Business Meeting in New Orleans. The terms will end at the close of the Annual Business Meeting in the appropriate year, depending on the length of term for the position. Board members are required to “attend” (whether virtual or in person) three Board meetings per year, with the possibility of added ad hoc meetings (virtual) as the need arises. The President Elect and Treasurer, as members of the Executive Committee will have additional virtual meetings on a weekly/monthly basis.
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Carter, Immediate Past President and Chair of the Nominations Committee, at email@example.com. If you would like to talk to me about the various roles, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can message me through CONNECT on the SRAI website.
Equally important to running for office, is voting! As SRAI members it is our collective duty to nominate and elect officers who will represent the Society’s diverse membership and help to ensure that we live up to our vision and mission:
Vision: To be the premier international resource for excellence in research management, administration, and development of the profession.
Mission: To develop, define and promote international best practices in research management, administration, knowledge transfer, and growth of the research enterprise.
Nomination submission deadline is Friday, June 25. Click here to submit your nominations.
Travel Opening Up Again!
If your home institution is like mine, the good news is that travel restrictions (especially for vaccinated employees) are being lifted. This is exciting news for SRAI as we start to plan in earnest for our first in-person meeting in over a year and a half. We will definitely “let the good times roll” in New Orleans from October 23-27th for the 2021 Annual Meeting. Click here for program and registration details.
I want to remind you about some other exciting SRAI initiatives:
- SRAI on Social Media: Do you Tweet? Post on Facebook? Check LinkedIn? Peek at Instagram? Watch YouTube? Or maybe you don’t post or interact, but you are always looking and reading… either way, we hope you are friending, sharing, and liking all things SRAI! Look for SRAI’s #SRAIUnMasked! series – we highlight different members, and you can be next! To share your story, contact email@example.com for details.
- iSRA Spring/Summer Intensives: There are several virtual programs geared for all levels of administrators being offered this Spring/Summer. See the website for topics, dates, and details: https://www.srainternational.org/meetings/intensive-training/online-intensive-program
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Hope to see you at one (or more) of our 2021 events – including the 2021 Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA (October 23-27). Registration is now open!
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Senior Director, Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center