View from the Top | Annual Meeting Pre-Game Tips
It is amazing, we are finally only days away from the 2021 Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA (October 23-27)!
After so many canceled events—both personal and professional—since March 2020, I have to say I feel almost giddy at the prospect of finally being able to gather in person. I realize that the conditions may not be ideal, and I respect everyone’s feelings on the subject, but I truly believe that this will be a joyous reunion and, as always, a fabulous professional development experience.
For those of you attending, we are diligently working to ensure a safe and engaging environment for the Annual Meeting while complying with all local and federal requirements. Check out the General Information tab with details on our “Clean and Safe Protocols.”
On the same page, on the left side there are links about how to Volunteer (room monitors, ambassadors, registration desk), Events (newcomers reception, dinner groups, section meet-ups, ghost/vampire tour, opening reception), FAQs, our fabulous Award Winners, and a shout-out to the members of the annual meeting Planning Committee.
So, grab your masks, vaccination cards, and your enthusiasm for an outstanding conference as we gather again for a wonderful professional development experience.
I want to remind you about some other SRAI initiatives:
- SRAI’s Podcast series, “Shop Talk” continues in September with Carla DeMarco talking to the 2021 Annual Meeting co-chairs Cindy Morin, Gina Hedberg, and Mir Asghar Ali Khan about what’s in store for us in NOLA and their “Pathway and Perspectives.” https://www.srainternational.org/resources/shop-talk-podcast
- ENCORE Series: launching in November 2021, provides members with access to the hottest, most relevant and highly rated sessions from our annual meeting. Join us every Tuesday for a new live 1-hour iSession. Registration now open.
- Spring 2022 Section Meetings: Details for the International (Virtual International Convention for Research Administrators - VICRA), Northeast/Southern (Philadelphia), and Midwest/Western (Phoenix) section meetings are already posted. Calls for proposals for Philly and Phoenix are open now.
- iSRA Intensives: We are already planning for a full winter schedule of training intensives – check the website in the coming months for more details.
- SRAI on Social Media: Do you Tweet? Post on Facebook? Check LinkedIn? Peek at Instagram? Watch YouTube? Or maybe you don’t post or interact, but you are always looking and reading… either way, we hope you are friending, sharing, and liking all things SRAI! Look for SRAI’s #SRAIUnMasked! series – we highlight different members, and you can be next! To share your story, contact email@example.com for details.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
See you all soon. Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President