View from the Top | Flexibility to Enable Change
SRAI’s new Strategic Plan debuts this year. The new vision for the plan is not to just “set it and forget it.” Instead we hope it will be fluid and flexible to enable change more readily depending on market influences and our members’ needs. Below are the SRAI Vision and Mission Statements and the newly adopted three overarching strategic priorities:
The Strategic Plan supports the Society’s culture and provides a framework for decision-making and business actions to sustain the vision and mission for all SRAI members.
Vision: To be the premier international resource for excellence in research management, administration, and development of the profession.
Mission: To develop, define, and promote international best practices in research management, administration, knowledge transfer, and growth of the research enterprise.
- Outreach, Engagement, and Inclusion
SRAI recognizes the wide diversity of its members (individuals and institutions) and will continue to seek to attract and retain members by designing, developing, and implementing programs, services, and levels of engagement that meet members’ education and development needs.
- Education, Professional Development, and the Regulatory Landscape
SRAI will provide superior educational opportunities and curriculum content for all levels of expertise and for a diversified range of research management positions and types of institutions.
SRAI will support professional development via training, consulting, and networking opportunities for its global research management community.
SRAI is committed to staying abreast of the global regulatory landscape and providing timely education and communication on these important issues.
SRAI recognizes the ever-changing technology landscape for research managers and administrators, and as such will be committed to supporting its membership through new and innovative systems, training, social media platforms, and services.
The strategic planning team will be meeting over the next year to further develop goals, key activities/deliverables, and measures of success in each of these three categories. They will be developing an informational dashboard to report progress throughout the year.
Want to learn more, join us at the Friday, February 18th virtual Board Meeting from 2-6 PM EST. Contact email@example.com for meeting login instructions.
In the meantime, don’t miss out on these great educational opportunities:
- 2022 iSRAI Financial Management Conference: Feb. 14-18 – back by popular demand. Click here for details.
- Spring 2022 Section Meetings: Details for the International (Virtual International Convention for Research Administrators - VICRA), Northeast/Southern (Philadelphia), and Midwest/Western (Phoenix) section meetings are already posted.
- Planning is underway for the 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada. Deadline to submit a speaking proposal is February 18th. Click here for details.
- iSRA Intensives: check the website for details on the different intensive programs currently open for registration:
- Departmental Administration
- Research Development, Planning and Practice: Enhancing Institutional and Individual Research Capacity
- Research Leadership Intensive
- For those of you unable to join us at the annual meeting, check out SRAI’s ENCORE iSesions, which launched in November 2021. This innovative program provides members with access to the hottest, most relevant, and highly rated sessions from our annual meeting from the comfort of your office or home. Join us every Tuesday for a new live 1-hour iSession. Registration now open.
- SRAI on Social Media: Do you Tweet? Post on Facebook? Check LinkedIn? Peek at Instagram? Watch YouTube? Or maybe you don’t post or interact, but you are always looking and reading… either way, we hope you are friending, sharing, and liking all things SRAI! Look for SRAI’s #SRAIUnMasked! series – we highlight different members, and you can be next! To share your story, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details. **NEED TO CHECK ON CONTACT
- series, “Shop Talk” will continue in 2022 – check the web page for details. https://www.srainternational.org/resources/shop-talk-podcast Have a hot topic idea or speaker suggestion for an upcoming podcast? Drop us a line at: email@example.com.
- 2023 INORMS Congress: Got the urge to travel afar – join the INORMS Congress hosted by SARIMA, in Durban, South Africa from May 31-June 3, 2023. Click here for details.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President