What I Wish I Knew When I Started in Research Administration | Domenica G. Pappas
Members of SRAI’s Distinguished Faculty were recently asked, “What do you wish you knew when you started in Research Administration?” Over the next few months, we will share their insights and observations.
There are so many things!
- That my position would turn into a career, not just a job.
- There are so many acronyms, and I would eventually know them!
- How much the field would change in 30 (cough) years.
- How important and serious the work we do is for our institutions and the field of research.
- How important it was, and still is, to attend meetings for professional development.
Authored by Domenica G. Pappas, CRA, Associate Vice Provost for Research, Office of Research
Illinois Institute of Technology
SRAI Distinguished Faculty