View from the Top | Spring Into Education
By the time you read this, the 2021 Virtual SRAI Section Meeting will be history! I am very excited about the amazing program and I hope to have “seen” many of you there throughout the meeting. I facilitated the Leadership workshop. I love doing these types of programs, because not only do I get to share my experiences, I learn from every participant. This helps me grow my network worldwide – and is one of the benefits I love the most about being an SRAI member. If you missed this event, check the upcoming offerings listed below and on the SRAI website under the “Education” tab.
I wrote last month about the INORMS 2021 Virtual Conference: “Promoting Diversity in Research and Research Management Collaborations: More Trans-National, More Trans-Disciplinary, More Trans-Sectoral.” INORMS is an amazing international networking experience. You get to meet and learn from research management professionals from around the globe. This year, you can have the experience from the comfort of your own home or office.
I am thrilled to announce that more than 160 SRAI members entered the raffle to win a FREE registration to the 2021 INORMS meeting. Join me in congratulating our two lucky winners:
- Julie Swaringim-Griffin, Grants Manager, Oklahoma State University
- Sandra Mareska, Financial Operations Specialist, University of South Alabama
Check out the information about this year’s virtual INORMS events here.
I want to remind you about some exciting SRAI initiatives:
- SRAI’s new Podcast series, Shop Talk had its debut at the end of April. You may recognize the first interviewee… it’s me! Carla DeMarco, our podcast host, does an amazing job probing my pathway to a successful career in Research Administration and my perspectives on integrating work/life roles and what I love most about SRAI.
- SRAI Awards season has opened. This is your opportunity to recognize the long-term exemplary contributions your peers have made to the research administration profession and the Society. Self-nominations are also accepted. See details here. The deadline to apply/submit is May 14. Don’t wait for the last minute – get those nominations in now. Winners will be recognized at the 2021 SRAI Annual Meeting in New Orleans.
- iSRA Spring/Summer Intensives There are several programs geared for intermediate level administrators in development. See the website for topics, dates, and details as they become available: https://www.srainternational.org/meetings/intensive-training/online-intensive-program
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Hope to see you at one (or more) of our 2021 events – including the 2021 Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA (October 23-27)!
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Senior Director, Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center