View from the Top | Ready to Take Your Chance on SRAI?
As we move full steam ahead (pun intended) into summer, it’s hard to believe that there are only three months left to my term as SRAI President! Despite the chaos of the last couple of years, the time has flown by with many difficult decisions and positive changes along the way. I am extremely proud of our volunteer members and headquarters staff. To a person, they have come together to create and deliver educational excellence.
Summer also means that the 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas is only three months away! The program is posted, and registration is open. Caesars Palace Las Vegas is an amazing venue so be sure to book your room now. I am not a gambler, but I can honestly say that this meeting experience is a very safe bet (again, pun intended)!
Membership Referral Campaign – NEW!
At the heart of SRAI is its members. Our diverse global membership network is strong, supportive, and collaborative. We hope you will help spread the word about how SRAI membership has enriched your professional career. The member who refers the most New or Returning members who then join SRAI, will receive $500 virtual SRAI dollars which can be spent on any SRAI virtual event. The 2022 campaign will run through October 12, and you can check your status on the SRAI Member Recruitment Leaderboard.
How It Works
- Current SRAI Members refer colleagues by providing their name and email address.
- The colleague will receive a one-time email from SRAI with a Discount Code waiving the $30 New Member administrative fee.
- When the colleague joins SRAI, the referee will receive a point on the Leaderboard! Win-Win!
- The member with the most referral points on the Leaderboard will be announced at the Annual Meeting in Las Vegas.
A word of congratulations to our 2022 Future of the Field inductees. These 44 exceptional individuals were selected via a peer review process, from more than 100 nominations received from around the globe. Applications were evaluated based on candidates’ career history, demonstration of exceptional professional growth, and significant contributions made to the advancement of Research Administration. Future of the Field honorees will be formally recognized at SRAI’s Annual Meeting this November in Las Vegas.
Our Spring Intensives were very well received by sold-out audiences. Yet, there is always more to look forward to, so don’t miss these great educational and membership opportunities:
- Summer Board Meeting – Virtual July 22, 2022. If you would like to attend as an observer, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Basics of Research Administration training will be presented virtually over a six-week period, September 8 - October 13, 2022. The cohort will meet on Tuesdays at 1:00 -2:30 PM ET. Online classes will be recorded and available for 30 days following the program. For more information, click here.
- The 2022 Senior Executive Institute (SEI) will be a two-day (October 31-November 1) event hosted in-person in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace. The program will be a combination of lecture and interactive discussion. Registration includes access to the two-day event, lunch, and dinner on the first day. Click here for more information.
- As stated above, registration is open for the in-person 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 31-November 4, 2022.
- The ever-growing library of LevelUp modules and mGuides is open year round! Whether you need to learn something new or brush up on something pressing – we have you covered.
- SRAI’s Podcast series, “Shop Talk” 2022 – check the web page for details, https://www.srainternational.org/resources/shop-talk-podcast Have a hot topic idea or speaker suggestion for an upcoming podcast? Drop us a line at: email@example.com.
- 2023 INORMS Congress: Got the urge to travel afar – join the INORMS Congress hosted by SARIMA, in Durban, South Africa from May 31-June 3, 2023. Click here for details.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President