View from the Top | The Learning Never Stops
Spring is in full force, and so are the numerous educational and membership offerings. There truly is something for everyone to meet professional development and budgetary needs.
For me, however, nothing beats a live in-person event. The energy and enthusiasm encountered at the Section meetings and the Research Leadership Intensive in Philadelphia and Phoenix was invigorating.
Kudos to Section presidents Marchon Jackson (Northeast), Karen Bone (Southern), Jason Claes (Midwest), and Stuart Tenney (Western), and all who helped plan and execute the 2022 Section meetings. As I have said many times, it takes a village to create, host, and deliver these events and our village is filled with dedicated professionals knowledgeable in all aspects of our profession.
Reconnecting with long-standing SRAI colleagues and meeting newcomers gave me renewed hope and validation. I attended sessions in every time slot (when I wasn’t speaking of course) and was so gratified at the quality and timeliness of the material presented. Just when I think I have it all down, there is something new to learn. Research administration and management is a profoundly important profession. We support brilliant people who make a difference… and as such, we make a difference too!
So, despite how many SRAI programs you get to experience this year, I hope to see you at the 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas in the fall. With travel restrictions easing, my hope is that our Canadian and International members will be able to return and that we can look forward to a truly spectacular line up of speakers and topics.
To stay current and informed, don’t miss out on these great educational and membership opportunities:
- SRAI Spring Board Meeting: The next Board of Directors Meeting will take place on Friday, May 20 from 3-7 PM EDT via Zoom. If you would like to attend as an observer, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SRAI Awards: Nominations Open. Click here for Award nomination details. Please consider nominating a deserving colleague for recognition as a dedicated Research Administration and Management professional - Deadline May 27
- Distinguished Faculty: Applications Open - Deadline June 3
- 2022 iSeries Conference: iNSPIRE, iNTEGRATE, iNNOVATE - Online May 18 – 20 (Pre-Conference Workshop May 16 - 17) – This is perfect for anyone who was not able to travel to our fabulous section meetings that took place in Philadelphia and Phoenix last month!
- Research Compliance, Ethics, and Integrity Intensive: Online June 1 - 9
- Pre-Award Fundamentals Intensive: Online June 9 - July 14
- Registration is open for the in-person 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 31-November 4, 2022.
- SRAI’s Podcast series, “Shop Talk” 2022 – check the web page for details. https://www.srainternational.org/resources/shop-talk-podcast Have a hot topic idea or speaker suggestion for an upcoming podcast? Drop us a line at: email@example.com.
- 2023 INORMS Congress: Got the urge to travel afar – join the INORMS Congress hosted by SARIMA, in Durban, South Africa from May 31-June 3, 2023. Click here for details.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President