The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Fundamentals provides a foundation in grants from NIH. As NIH is the single largest federal grant-awarding agency, this training opportunity is perfect both for someone new to research administration and for research administrators seeking to expand their knowledge of federal funding agencies.
This full-day workshop covers the following topics:
(1) Overview of NIH, including its mission, institutes, and funding focus, from pre-doctoral fellowships to large-scale research projects.
(2) Policies and procedures essential to preparing successful grant applications.
(3) Policies and procedures essential to managing grant awards.
(4) Latest NIH policy updates.
Content Level: Basic
1. Participants will understand the NIH organization and funding priorities.
2. Participants will understand where to locate funding opportunities and navigate through the grant life cycle. Participants will have an increased understanding of NIH’s pre-award and post-award policies and procedures.
Debbie Pettitt, Sr. Grants Management Officer, National Institute of Health