Research Leadership Intensive
Research, technology, and innovation are becoming ever more complex. Success requires vision and focused research management leadership. Strong managers bring order and consistency into complexity but forging ahead in a competitive environment requires strong leaders who understand themselves, their teams, and their environment. These leaders can enact and implement change. Strong and effective leaders are comfortable with complexity and ambiguity and have the right blend of being people-focused and outcomes driven.
This interactive three-day training program is designed to explore theory, skills, strategies, and best/proven practices for leading successfully in a research management environment.
- To incorporate leadership theory, skill-building, strategy, and proven practices into a research management frame
- To assess our development as leaders in the research management marketplace
- Leadership Theories, Styles, and Qualities
- Leading a Research Office – Communication / Culture / Cooperation
- Effective Communication and Emotional Intelligence
- Team Building and Leadership
- Leadership Strategies for Reducing Conflict
- Effective Delegation
- Managing Up/Using Influence
- Leading Change
- Implementing Research Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Assessing Research Performance
- Succession Planning
Research management professionals with some degree of supervisory oversight for people and/or programs (e.g., Managers, Directors, VPs) in any aspect of research administration: Pre-award, Post-award, Compliance, Conflict of Interest, Technology Transfer, Human Research Protections, Animal Welfare, Research Misconduct, Internal Audit, Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR), etc.