JRA Author Fellowship Program in Brief
The goal of the JRA Author Fellowship Program is to increase the confidence, capacity, and willingness of research administrators to serve the field and share their expertise as peer-reviewed or refereed journal authors. Prospective authors (Fellows) are paired with published Peer Advisors for a six- to nine-month supportive fellowship.
History. Developed in 2016 by members of the JRA Editorial Board for SRAI members, three cohorts have completed the program (Cohort 1 – 2017; Cohort 2 – 2018; Cohort 3 – 2019), and the fourth one underway. As part of an inter-institutional partnership, from Cohort 2 ARMA members could also participate. Guidance for prospective authors (available here) was developed in 2019, and updated in 2020 by Dr. Cliff Studman, Peer Advisor and Distinguished Faculty member.
Look here to find:
- A four-part series on Writing Successful Research Papers developed by Dr. Cliff Studman, a long-term Peer Advisor with the Author Fellowship Program.
- An early stage webinar focused on "A Scholarly Writing Platform for Research Administrators"
- Guidelines that are good to review, even by early stage prospective authors: Author Guidelines; Article Template; Author Agreement.
Submit your application
Deadline: Friday, November 20, 2020
Author Fellow applicants must be a member of the Society of Research Administrators International (SRAI) or of the Association of Research Managers and Administrators (ARMA).
- September 15, 2020 – Application Period Opens
- November 20, 2020 - Applications Due
- First week of January 2021 – Selection Complete
- January 15, 2021 – Notification to Applicants
- February 1, 2021 – Cohort 5 Begins