View from the Top | 2022!
I remember as a kid thinking that the year 2000 will really be THE FUTURE! The fact that it is now 2022, is hard to comprehend. The past two years have been a chaotic journey for sure, but with each new day, there is renewed hope that the world will find the correct path and that all the brilliant minds that we support as research administrators will find the solutions we need to survive and thrive!
To do the great work in the world that we are known for, takes commitment to learning and professional development. SRAI offers so many ways to expand your knowledge, develop expertise, grow your network, and make a real contribution to the field. As proof, we are offering so many wonderful programs in the new year – virtual and live. There is something for everyone’s learning style and budget.
- iSRA Intensives: check the website for details on the five different intensive programs kicking off between January - March:
- The Art of Negotiation
- Basics of Research Administration
- Departmental Administration
- Research Development, Planning and Practice: Enhancing Institutional and Individual Research Capacity
- Research Leadership Intensive
- For those of you unable to join us at the annual meeting, check out SRAI’s ENCORE iSesions, which launched in November 2021. This innovative program provides members with access to the hottest, most relevant, and highly rated sessions from our annual meeting from the comfort of your office or home. Join us every Tuesday for a new live 1-hour iSession. Registration now open.
- 2022 iSRAI Financial Management Conference: Feb. 14-18 – back by popular demand. Click here for details.
- Spring 2022 Section Meetings: Details for the International (Virtual International Convention for Research Administrators - VICRA), Northeast/Southern (Philadelphia), and Midwest/Western (Phoenix) section meetings are already posted.
- Planning is underway for the 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada. Deadline to submit a speaking proposal is February 18th. Click here for details.
- SRAI on Social Media: Do you Tweet? Post on Facebook? Check LinkedIn? Peek at Instagram? Watch YouTube? Or maybe you don’t post or interact, but you are always looking and reading… either way, we hope you are friending, sharing, and liking all things SRAI! Look for SRAI’s #SRAIUnMasked! series – we highlight different members, and you can be next! To share your story, contact email@example.com for details.
- SRAI’s Podcast series, “Shop Talk” will continue in 2022 – check the web page for details. https://www.srainternational.org/resources/shop-talk-podcast Have a hot topic idea or speaker suggestion for an upcoming podcast? Drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2023 INORMS Congress: Got the urge to travel afar – join the INORMS Congress hosted by SARIMA, in Durban, South Africa from May 31-June 3, 2023. Click here for details.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President