View from the Top | Get on Board
May 20 marked the first time we have held a “Spring” Board meeting. Upon recommendations from the SRAI Governance committee and in keeping with our 2022 Strategic Plan, we have made changes to the number of Board meetings (four) and the format of those meetings as well.
We have three working groups currently developing deliverables and benchmarks to support the strategic plan’s three main components:
- Outreach, Engagement, and Inclusion
- Education, Professional Development, and the Regulatory Landscape
We will be disseminating a survey in the next month or so that highlights SRAI innovations from 2018-present. By innovation, we mean programs, services, systems, and/or tools in Research Administration and Management that impact SRAI business operations and improve member satisfaction. From the survey, we hope to get members’ perceptions of our progress thus far and ideas for what they would like to see in the future.
SRAI’s election season is now underway. We are seeking to fill two At-Large Board member seats and one officer – Secretary. It is so important to make your voice heard through participating in the election process. This is YOUR society, so please make your vote count.
If you have any questions about the election or the duties of the roles, please contact Kim Carter, Immediate Past President and Chair of the Nominations Committee, at email@example.com. If you would like to talk to me about the various roles, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can message me through CONNECT on the SRAI website.
Our Spring Intensives are all underway to sell out audiences. Yet, there is always more to look forward to, so don’t miss out on these great educational and membership opportunities:
- Clinical Trials in Healthcare Intensive - July 21 - August 18 This virtual intensive program was developed to give a unique insight into research operations in environments where research activities exist side by side with clinical operations and both have a focus to improve the lives of patients and populations served.
- Summer Board Meeting – Virtual July 22-23. If you would like to attend as an observer, contact: email@example.com.
- Registration is open for the in-person 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 31-November 4.
- SRAI’s Podcast series, “Shop Talk” – check the web page for details. https://www.srainternational.org/resources/shop-talk-podcast Have a hot topic idea or speaker suggestion for an upcoming podcast? Drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2023 INORMS Congress: Got the urge to travel afar – join the INORMS Congress hosted by SARIMA, in Durban, South Africa from May 31-June 3, 2023. Click here for details.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Always looking to continue the conversation...
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President