View from the Top | 2021 is Here!
I bet you thought 2020 would never end! But here we are in 2021 with high hopes that our new US President and his administration will help us all come out from under the chaos created by the world-wide COVID-19 pandemic and social unrest.
I know that many of you have suffered terrible losses – physically, emotionally, and financially, but SRAI is here to help us all cope with issues in our research management roles and responsibilities. We are a committed network of colleagues who create synergy that allows us all to grow and succeed personally and professionally.
I want to remind you about some upcoming and exciting initiatives:
- The SRAI Podcast Series
A contest to name the series is underway – you can read the details here: Exciting Podcast Announcement and Member Competition; here is the direct link to the contest survey: SRAI Podcast Naming Contest Link.
- SRAI Engagement and Diversity
The Engagement and Diversity Task Force needs your input. Please take a few moments to lend your voice: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2GRXS9S
- iSRA 2021 Spring Joint Section Meeting - Where NE meets S meets W meets MW
To keep everyone safe (until we can come together in person in NOLA in October 2021) and maximize learning and networking opportunities, the iSRA Joint Section Meeting will be a presented online, April 26-30. This week-long virtual conference will include an amazing slate of workshops, main event activities, educational sessions, and networking opportunities designed to fit your schedule and to amplify and accelerate your professional growth. Two full certificate trainings - National Institutes of Health Grant Fundamentals and Leadership – also will be offered.
- Chapter Chats
Many of our Chapters have already scheduled online chapter chats and virtual workshops for their members. Learn more about one of our upcoming Chapter Chats presented by the Allegheny Chapter on January 29 with Almost a Year Into the Pandemic: Lessons Learned, Tips and Tricks in this issue. Check out the full Chapter Chat schedule at: https://www.srainternational.org/meetings/sections-chapters
- Training Intensives – Science & Security, Leadership, and Basics
These intensive programs fill up quickly, so register today.
- The iSRA Financial Management Conference is a new online training event, February 22-24, that highlights the fiduciary responsibilities, approaches, processes, and strategies for effective financial research administration. The conference is targeted to central and departmental research administrators who manage research finance, allocate costs to research awards, or support financial operations.
- Our LevelUP Micro-credentialing offerings are always expanding; explore the possibilities at: https://www.srainternational.org/online-learning/levelup-main
- SRAI Annual Meeting 2021 Call for Proposals is Open
We are planning an amazing conference in New Orleans, LA (NOLA) in October 2021. Be part of the excitement by submitting a speaking proposal; deadline to submit is February 23.
There’s so much happening each month; don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Hope to see you at one (or more) of our 2021 events. Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Senior Director, Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center