View from the Top | Holiday Musings
Hard to believe it’s December and the winter holiday season is in full force. Whichever way you celebrate, I hope you get to spend some time (whether in the same room physically or virtually) with loved ones.
I want to take a moment to thank Katie Watkins for her service as Communications Committee Chair and Ad Hoc Board Member this past year. Katie has had to step away from these roles but will stay a part of the SRAI family. We are fortunate that Renee Vaughn, MDiv, MA, CRA has agreed to fill this vacancy and will serve as both Communications Committee Chair and Ad Hoc Board Member. Renee currently serves as the Financial Practice Manager – Clinical Research Unit at Duke University School of Medicine and brings with her many years of SRAI service and expertise.
BTW – know any deserving Research Administrators? Give the gift of an SRAI membership, LevelUP module, or other SRAI educational event. We have ideas in all shapes and sizes to fit your holiday budget – no sense in letting unused budget money go to waste!
As many of us will get some much-needed time off for the holidays, so will our SRAI HQ staff. The office will be closed between Christmas and New Year’s and return in January ready to drive many exciting virtual and live events. See the list below for details:
- For those unable to join us at the annual meeting, check out SRAI’s ENCORE iSessions, which launched in November 2021. This innovative program provides members with access to the hottest, most relevant, and highly rated sessions from our annual meeting from the comfort of their office or home. Join us every Tuesday for a new live 1-hour iSession. Registration now open.
- Spring 2022 Section Meetings: Details for the International (Virtual International Convention for Research Administrators - VICRA), Northeast/Southern (Philadelphia), and Western/Midwest (Phoenix) section meetings are already posted.
- iSRA Intensives: We are already planning for a full winter schedule of training intensives – check the website in the coming months for more details.
- SRAI on Social Media: Do you Tweet? Post on Facebook? Check LinkedIn? Peek at Instagram? Watch YouTube? Or maybe you don’t post or interact, but you are always looking and reading… either way, we hope you are friending, sharing, and liking all things SRAI! Look for SRAI’s #SRAIUnMasked! series – we highlight different members, and you can be next! To share your story, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- SRAI’s Podcast series, “Shop Talk” will continue in December after a fall holiday hiatus – check the web page for details. Have a hot topic idea or speaker suggestion for an upcoming podcast? Drop us a line at: email@example.com.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow. Here’s to a great 2022!
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President