View from the Top | Spring is in the Air
Regardless of which groundhog you believe, Spring is definitely in the air as we get close to our Spring Section meetings in Philadelphia, PA and Phoenix, AZ. These are live, in-person events and I will be at both. I am looking forward to connecting with you all. Check here for the details, and don’t miss out on early bird registration dates for our various programs.
I would be remiss not to mention the uncertainty that once again surrounds us with war breaking out between Russia and Ukraine. Our hearts go out to all impacted by this tragedy. For our institutions, a whole new set of problems result as they examine the various research/contracting/finance relationships they have in that region of the world. Federal and state guidance seems to change multiple times a day. Yet another reason we as global research administration professionals need to remain vigilant, nimble, flexible, and resilient.
To stay current and informed, don’t miss out on these great educational and membership opportunities:
- Planning is well underway for the in-person 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 31-November 4.
- iSRA Intensives: check the website for details on the different intensive programs currently open for registration:
- Research Leadership Intensive – presented live in Phoenix, AZ - April 27-29
- The Science & Security: Facilitating a Compliant and Research Environment in the Wake of Foreign Influence Concerns Intensives – presented virtually beginning May 5
- 2022 Future of the Field Recognition Program: The Future of the Field program highlights 'up-and-comers' in Research Administration and those who have demonstrated leadership among peers and institutions in innovative ways that advance the field. Click here to nominate a colleague or to complete an application (for self-nominees). Nominees and self-applicants must complete the application by April 29. Individuals selected as Future of the Field recipients will be recognized at the 2022 SRAI Annual Meeting in Las Vegas. Questions can be directed to Nicole Quartiero, Program Chair and 2021 Future of the Field recipient, at email@example.com.
- SRAI’s Podcast series, “Shop Talk” will continue in 2022 – check the web page for details. https://www.srainternational.org/resources/shop-talk-podcast Have a hot topic idea or speaker suggestion for an upcoming podcast? Drop us a line at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2023 INORMS Congress: Got the urge to travel afar – join the INORMS Congress hosted by SARIMA, in Durban, South Africa, May 31-June 3, 2023. Click here for details.
- RAAAP-3 Survey: http://bit.ly.RAAAP3 The 3rd iteration of the Research Administration as a Profession (RAAAP) survey seeks to find out how people found their way into this profession.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President