Hyatt Regency Miami
The effective way to strategically manage a research organization is to empower the people on the front line who work directly with investigators. Department Research Administrators are the key to building a successful research structure. It is critically important to assist them in developing the resources and knowledge needed to be successful.
This training intensive will focus on pre-award administration, financial management of sponsored awards, and building a working relationship with central administration. It will cover proposal development, sponsored projects administration, Uniform Guidance, account monitoring and reconciliation, closeout, and other topics that a departmental research administrator would need to understand in order to provide quality support for their investigators.
At the conclusion of the training workshop Department Research Administrator’s will have the tools, tips and techniques to manage a sponsored project.
Intended Audience: Research administrators with less than three years of experience.
- Assemble a proposal budget
- Review and discuss components of 2 CFR 200 Uniform Guidance
- Identify key components of a sponsored solicitation and award notice
- Learn the required administrative and financial elements of managing a sponsored project
- Review a request for proposal and notice of award
- Group activities (governance of direct costs and like and unlike circumstances)
- Case studies (proposal development, Uniform Guidance Subpart D and E)
- Interactive games
- Quizzes (recap of day one and two)