May 20 to May 21, 2019
Hyatt Regency Miami
The 2-day intensive course will discuss all areas of research financial management: internal controls, financial business processes, advanced costing concepts, managing non-federal funds, subpart F – Audit requirements, Key compliance requirements, and documentation. Sessions will provide information at intermediate and advanced levels of post-award research administration.
This program is intended primarily for finance research administrators with 7+ years of experience who are involved in the post-award area of research administration. The conference is targeted specifically to intermediate and advanced personnel in positions such as financial analysts/fund managers, departmental administrators, post-award coordinators, compliance coordinators, grant accountants, and others who need to understand the broad spectrum of post-award research administration.
This session covers the post-award financial processes, including purchasing, payroll, forecasting, cost transfers, FCOI, Internal billing processes, Service Centers, F&A, and fringe. We will cover managing non-federal grant/contract funds (including clinical trials), Audit, and key compliance requirements.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand cost accounting principles
- Internal Controls
- Understand the impact of service centers and how to administrate them
- Discuss and participate in F&A calculation/fringe rates
- Identify different effort certification and compensation compliance models
- Manage non-federal grant funds
- Prepare and participate in Audits
- Understand key compliance requirements