View from the Top | It’s Good to See You Again
As I write this April column, my thoughts are on my upcoming trips to Philadelphia and Phoenix for the Spring Section meetings and the first in-person Research Leadership Intensive in over two years! By the time you read this, these meetings will be a pleasant memory, but my excitement is building as I truly miss connecting with and learning from colleagues in person.
SRAI has been able to stay focused through the chaos and deliver top quality education and professional development through various virtual platforms, while slowly returning to our in-person events. We learned that regardless of the mode of delivery, SRAI volunteers rise to the occasion to adapt and thrive. As the SRAI Strategic Planning Group meets over the coming months to see how best to implement strategy and achieve our 2022 and beyond strategic goals, we will be looking towards innovation and technology to help inform our decisions about how best to continue to develop programs and services that meet our members’ needs and the challenges of the ever-changing global market place.
Spring is also SRAI Award Season and as such, the call for nominations has gone out for all our award categories, as well as the Future of the Field recognition program (see details below). Click here for Award nomination details and deadlines. Please consider nominating a deserving colleague for recognition as a dedicated Research Administration and Management professional.
To stay current and informed, don’t miss out on these great educational and membership opportunities:
- 2022 iSeries Conference: This virtual event offers a years’ worth of training in three days, with the flexibility to create your own schedule. Complete with networking opportunities, workshops, and multiple educational tracks, this event is one you won’t want to miss. Register today!
- Planning is well underway and registration is open for the in-person 2022 Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada from October 31-November 4, 2022.
- SEI – Senior Executive Institute: a four-day online event via Zoom Meetings, May 3, 4, 10 & 11. The program will be a combination of lecture and interactive discussion.
- iSRA Intensives: check the website for details on the different intensive programs currently open for registration
- 2022 Future of the Field Recognition Program: The Future of the Field program aims to highlight the 'up-and-comers' of Research Administration and those who have demonstrated leadership among their peers and institutions in innovative ways that advance the field. Click here to nominate a colleague or to complete an application (for self-nominees). Nominees and self-applicants must complete the application by April 29. Individuals selected as Future of the Field recipients will be recognized at the 2022 SRAI Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, November 2-4. Questions can be directed to Nicole Quartiero, Program Chair and 2021 Future of the Field recipient, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SRAI’s Podcast series, “Shop Talk” 2022 – check the web page for details. https://www.srainternational.org/resources/shop-talk-podcast Have a hot topic idea or speaker suggestion for an upcoming podcast? Drop us a line at: email@example.com.
- 2023 INORMS Congress: Got the urge to travel afar – join the INORMS Congress hosted by SARIMA, in Durban, South Africa from May 31-June 3, 2023. Click here for details.
There’s so much happening each month – don’t miss an opportunity to share, learn, engage, and grow.
Always looking to continue the conversation…
Authored by Debra Schaller-Demers, Vice President of Research Outreach and Compliance
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
SRAI Board of Directors President